What to Expect
You may have lots of questions about the inspection process, so we've provided answers to frequently asked questions below. But in the event you need more information, we are just a telephone call or a text away at 512-569-7799!
What do we inspect in the standard inspection?
We perform a full comprehensive inspection, including the following:
- Appliances (range, cook-tops, dishwashers, microwave, dryer vents, mechanical vents and food waste disposer)
- Foundation for signs of movement, deficiencies that can lead to failure and level abnormalities
- Attic for evidence of structural movement, adequate insulation and other deficiencies that are of a safety concern (such as open splices or flue clearances)
- Roof for proper installation, ventilation and wear
- Roof structure for evidence of water penetration and proper installation of roof penetrations
- Ceiling, walls, windows and door for deficiencies, evidence of movement, water penetration and safety concerns
- Stairways for safety issues
- Fireplace for evidence of leaks (common issue), proper installation and creosote buildup
- Porches, decks and balconies, for proper installation to maximize the life of these systems, which are exposed to the elements
- Garage, for proper installation and performance of openers and doors
- Driveways and walkways for cracks and unlevel areas
- Electrical service entrance, service panels and branch circuitry for safety issues, deficiencies in visible wiring and control devices
- Plumbing for signs of leaks, adequate flow and deficiencies in supply and drains (including the water heater and its components)
- Irrigation systems for evidence of leaks and deficient components
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning for adequate temperature differentials, and a number of deficiencies that can lead to a shorter life span for the unit, as well as duct deficiencies and damage
What should you expect after you schedule your home inspection?
- Emails – Communication throughout the home inspection process is important for our clients. You will receive three (3) emails: Inspection Confirmation, Inspection Agreement and Invoice. After the inspection, the remaining emails will include the report information and Yelp and Google review.
- Inspection Agreement – The inspection agreement provides information about the inspection process. Instructions for accessing the agreement will be provided in the email.
- Payment – Payment is due at the time of service. We accept cash, check, and Visa/MC/AMEX/Discovery credit cards. You may also pay online via the Square invoice.
- Inspection Duration - The length of the inspection typically depends on the size of the home and other variables. On average, the inspection for a 2000 square foot home should take about 2 hours to complete. You are welcome to attend the inspection. We'll review our findings with you at the end of the inspection.
- Inspection Review - At the end of the inspection, we will review with you any findings, so you will have knowledge of the exact location of the deficiencies and other pertinent information.
- Digital Report - You will receive an email notifying you that the report is ready. For more information on the reports, click here.
So, if you think you are ready to schedule, press the red button below.